Iloilo farmer-vlogger sought in OFW wife’s killing
By Jennifer P. Rendon
By Jennifer P. Rendon
ILOILO CITY — Police are searching for a farmer and vlogger accused of fatally shooting his wife after she expressed her desire to end their relationship in Carles, Iloilo, late Monday morning, Aug. 17.
The shooting occurred in Barangay Bancal, hours before an advance birthday celebration for the couple’s only child.
Police identified the suspect as alias Jeffrey, a resident of Sitio Cabas-an, Barangay San Andres, San Rafael, Iloilo, and the victim as Rosela, 45.
The couple had agreed to celebrate their daughter’s 10th birthday on Aug. 17, 12 days before her actual birthday.
Rosela had returned home from Dubai on Aug. 11, where she had been working as an overseas Filipino worker.
The suspect reportedly went to their house in Carles only on Aug. 16 and had apparently been staying in San Rafael despite his wife’s return.
Police Maj. Karl Jerome Tingala, chief of the Carles Municipal Police Station, said the couple apparently had marital problems but did not provide further details.
Several relatives were at the house when the shooting occurred, including the couple’s daughter and the victim’s sons, ages 22 and 18, from a previous relationship.
Witnesses told police that the couple initially appeared to be talking calmly before an argument broke out.
They later heard Rosela tell the suspect that she wanted to end their marriage.
Police said the suspect did not respond verbally but allegedly pulled a gun from his sling bag and repeatedly shot his wife.
Rosela sustained gunshot wounds to her neck, back, side, and arm.
Investigators recovered five spent cartridges from a .45-caliber pistol at the crime scene.
The suspect fled on a motorcycle after the shooting.
Personnel of the Carles Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office brought Rosela to Jesus M. Colmenares District Hospital in Balasan, Iloilo, where she was declared dead on arrival.
Comments (0)
LEAVE A REPLY
No comments yet
Be the first to share your thoughts!
Related Articles

PHP 125 MILLION IN FOUR TRAVEL BAGS, THEN GONE | Acosta: Duterte ordered confidential funds released to security officer
MANILA – Vice President Sara Duterte personally ordered the release of PHP 125 million in confidential funds to her security officer, Col. Raymund Dante Lachica, the Office of the Vice President disbursing officer who withdrew the money in cash testified before the Senate impeachment court on Monday. Gina Acosta, the

ICAEX, Boracay Bridge stay in 2027 national budget plan
ILOILO CITY – The Iloilo-Capiz-Aklan Expressway (ICAEX) and the controversial Boracay Bridge are among the priority public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructure projects identified by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in its proposed 2027 national budget. While the two Western Visayas projects do not carry separate or specific budget line

Oton weighs persona non grata tag for data center proponent
ILOILO CITY – The local government of Oton, Iloilo said it would carefully weigh calls to declare Norwegian national Daniel Stefan Robertsen persona non grata, acknowledging that such a move could affect the town’s image as an investment destination. Robertsen is the proponent of a planned 50-megawatt artificial intelligence (AI) data
