PRO-6 accounts for 64 loose firearms in 24 hours
ILOILO CITY — The Police Regional Office 6 (PRO6) accounted for 64 loose firearms across Western Visayas within 24 hours as its intensified campaign under Project RTT, or Restrict, Track, and Turn-In, continued to yield voluntary surrenders and seizures.
Of the 64 firearms, 62 were voluntarily surrendered, while police confiscated two in separate operations across the region.
The PRO6 Regional Operations Division said police conducted a total of 68 operations against loose firearms from 6 a.m. Aug. 22 to 5:59 a.m. Aug. 23, 2026.
The same operations resulted in the recovery or surrender of six explosive items and the arrest of two individuals, according to PRO6.
The operations form part of Project RTT, which focuses on restricting, tracking, and encouraging the turn-in of loose firearms to strengthen firearm accounting and control, identify and monitor undocumented weapons, and encourage holders to voluntarily surrender unlicensed or undocumented firearms.
The latest tally follows sustained efforts by PRO6 to remove undocumented firearms from circulation.
The regional police earlier reported accounting for 858 loose firearms from May 15 to July 31, 2026, through confiscation, voluntary surrender, and other firearm-control efforts.
PRO6 said it would continue implementing Project RTT throughout Western Visayas through intelligence-driven law enforcement operations, closer monitoring and accounting of firearms, and coordination with local governments, barangay officials, and other stakeholders.
Police also urged the public to support the campaign by immediately reporting information on the illegal possession, carrying, or use of firearms to the nearest police station.
Comments (0)
LEAVE A REPLY
No comments yet
Be the first to share your thoughts!
Related Articles

Nearly 89,000 Iloilo children get free measles, rubella shots
ILOILO CITY – Nearly 89,000 children ages 6 to 59 months in Iloilo province have received measles-rubella (MR) vaccines, bringing the province’s coverage to 51.59 percent on the ninth day of the supplemental immunization campaign. As of Aug. 20, a total of 88,929 children had been vaccinated out of the province’s

BROWNOUTS, HIGHER BILLS: Supply shortage to ease only by October, MORE Power says
ILOILO CITY – The power supply shortage that has kept the Visayas grid under repeated red and yellow alerts will persist until the end of August and will push electricity rates higher again in September, with relief expected only by October, MORE Electric and Power Corporation said. The outlook means

PHP 802 million eyed for 2,021 new school guidance counselors
MANILA – The national government plans to spend PHP 802 million next year to hire a total of 2,021 new guidance counselors for public elementary and high schools in a bid to strengthen the mental health services of the Department of Education. House Minority Leader and 4Ps Party-list Rep. Marcelino “Nonoy” Libanan disclosed the planned
