Man found dead under Cabatuan overflow bridge

By Jennifer P. Rendon
ILOILO CITY — A 37-year-old man was found dead early Monday, Aug. 17, beneath an overflow bridge in Barangay Inaca, Cabatuan, Iloilo.
Police identified the victim only as alias John, a resident of Purok 5 in Barangay Inaca.
Police Capt. Mary Dhen Gerbolinga, chief of the Cabatuan Municipal Police Station, said the victim appeared to have sustained injuries to his head and foot.
A resident found the victim lying face down beneath the bridge at about 6:30 a.m.
Gerbolinga said police immediately called the Scene of the Crime Operatives team to process and examine the area.
“So far, our SOCO and investigators found no foul play on John’s death,” she said.
Investigators believe the victim may have been under the influence of alcohol when he slipped while crossing the bridge.
Police said he apparently fell onto the concrete floor beneath the bridge and struck his head.
Gerbolinga said the victim’s family believes his death was accidental and declined an autopsy.
Police have so far found no evidence indicating that another person was involved in the incident.
Comments (0)
LEAVE A REPLY
No comments yet
Be the first to share your thoughts!
Related Articles

PHP 125 MILLION IN FOUR TRAVEL BAGS, THEN GONE | Acosta: Duterte ordered confidential funds released to security officer
MANILA – Vice President Sara Duterte personally ordered the release of PHP 125 million in confidential funds to her security officer, Col. Raymund Dante Lachica, the Office of the Vice President disbursing officer who withdrew the money in cash testified before the Senate impeachment court on Monday. Gina Acosta, the

ICAEX, Boracay Bridge stay in 2027 national budget plan
ILOILO CITY – The Iloilo-Capiz-Aklan Expressway (ICAEX) and the controversial Boracay Bridge are among the priority public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructure projects identified by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in its proposed 2027 national budget. While the two Western Visayas projects do not carry separate or specific budget line

Oton weighs persona non grata tag for data center proponent
ILOILO CITY – The local government of Oton, Iloilo said it would carefully weigh calls to declare Norwegian national Daniel Stefan Robertsen persona non grata, acknowledging that such a move could affect the town’s image as an investment destination. Robertsen is the proponent of a planned 50-megawatt artificial intelligence (AI) data
