Farmer-vlogger surrenders after wife’s killing
By Jennifer P. Rendon
By Jennifer P. Rendon
ILOILO CITY — A farmer-vlogger voluntarily surrendered to police three days after he allegedly killed his wife.
Alias Jeffrey turned himself in to the San Rafael Municipal Police Station at 9 a.m. on Aug. 19.
Lt. Francis Carona, San Rafael police chief, said the surrender came after negotiations with Jeffrey’s family members who are based in San Rafael town.
His cousin, the village chief of Barangay San Florentino, San Rafael, also helped persuade the suspect to surrender.
Jeffrey told police that he sought refuge at a friend’s house in Barangay Gibato, Dumarao, Capiz, following the incident.
The suspect was turned over to the Carles Municipal Police Station an hour after his surrender.
Meanwhile, Maj. Karl Jerome Tingala, Carles police chief, said Jeffrey claimed he turned himself in because he was thinking about his child’s future.
In fact, his 10-year-old daughter was the reason he had a fight with his wife, 45-year-old Rosela.
Contrary to earlier reports, Jeffrey said he had no problem with his wife wanting a separation.
He, however, demanded that their daughter be placed under his custody.
But his wife allegedly did not approve.
Meanwhile, Tingala said police would file a parricide case against Jeffrey.
Rosela’s two children from a previous relationship wanted to bring their stepfather to court.
Police launched a massive manhunt after Jeffrey allegedly killed Rosela following a fight over the weekend.
The incident happened in Barangay Bancal, Carles, Iloilo, hours before the advance birthday celebration of the couple’s only child.
It was learned that Rosela returned home from Dubai, where she worked, on Aug. 11.
The suspect had been staying in Sitio Cabas-an, Barangay San Andres, San Rafael, and apparently remained there despite his wife’s return home.
Witnesses claimed the couple was initially seen talking calmly until they heard an argument.
They later heard the woman telling the suspect that she wanted out of their marriage.
This did not elicit a verbal response from the suspect, but he allegedly took a gun from his sling bag and repeatedly shot his wife.
Rosela sustained gunshot wounds to the neck, back, side of her body, and arm.
Police recovered five empty cartridges from a .45-caliber pistol at the crime scene.
***
Two suspected shabu peddlers nabbed in Iloilo
By Jennifer P. Rendon
ILOILO CITY — Two suspected drug peddlers were arrested in separate police anti-narcotics operations in Iloilo province on Aug. 18.
Police identified the suspects only as alias Dol, 22, of Barangay Aganan, Pavia, and alias Ronnie, 29, of Barangay Ipil, Balasan, Iloilo.
Members of the San Miguel Municipal Police Station arrested Dol, an alleged high-value drug personality, in a buy-bust operation in Barangay 8, San Miguel, at around 2:50 a.m. Tuesday.
Police operatives seized approximately 60 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated standard drug price of PHP 408,000.
Maj. Bryan Alejo, San Miguel police chief, said the suspect was arrested following the development, validation, and dissemination of actionable intelligence on his alleged illegal drug activities.
Meanwhile, Ronnie was apprehended in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Ipil at around 4:30 p.m.
Police seized around 53 grams of suspected shabu worth PHP 360,400 from him.
Lt. Patrick John Alabado, Balasan police chief, said the suspect was also arrested following the development of intelligence information, target validation, and profiling.
The two suspects are detained and will face charges for violations of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Comments (0)
LEAVE A REPLY
No comments yet
Be the first to share your thoughts!
Related Articles

Holdovers and high water
Fifty-one barangays went underwater on August 17. In the hardest-hit areas — Calubihan and Sambag, Jaro — the people directing the evacuations were running on empty as their electoral mandate expired last December. When the operations center issued the rainfall advisory, local disaster committees in Jaro and Mandurriao had to decide when to call for

CARTOON FOR AUGUST 21, 2026

DOLE-6 asks employers to give parents time for measles shots
By Mariela Angella Oladive ILOILO CITY – Private-sector employers in Western Visayas are being encouraged to accommodate workers who need to attend to their young children during the government’s measles-rubella vaccination campaign. The Department of Labor and Employment-Western Visayas (DOLE-6), through an advisory issued in relation to Labor Advisory No. 2, series of 2026, said
