Businessman shot dead

By: Glazyl Y. Masculino
BACOLOD City A businessman was gunned down by an unidentified suspect at Barangay Maquiling, Sagay City, Negros Occidental Friday night.
Killed was Agapito Abastillas, 52, of Barangay Paraiso.
Police Major Antonio Benitez Jr., said the victim, his wife, and two helpers were delivering dressed chicken to a store when the lone gunman, who was wearing a bonnet, approached and shot him at close range.
The victim succumbed to three gunshot wounds on his head, neck, and body.
The gunman fled on a motorcycle.
Benitez said they have yet to establish the motive of the killing but they suspect that the incident might be work-related.
Two helpers of the victim resigned from work that day.
One of them was allegedly being maltreated by the victim. Its possible that the killing might be triggered by grudge, Benitez said.
The city police chief also said they are not discounting the possibility that the incident might be drug-related because the victim is allegedly in the drugs watchlist of the city police.
We are also verifying his drug linkages, Benitez said.
Comments (0)
LEAVE A REPLY
No comments yet
Be the first to share your thoughts!
Related Articles

Nearly 89,000 Iloilo children get free measles, rubella shots
ILOILO CITY – Nearly 89,000 children ages 6 to 59 months in Iloilo province have received measles-rubella (MR) vaccines, bringing the province’s coverage to 51.59 percent on the ninth day of the supplemental immunization campaign. As of Aug. 20, a total of 88,929 children had been vaccinated out of the province’s

BROWNOUTS, HIGHER BILLS: Supply shortage to ease only by October, MORE Power says
ILOILO CITY – The power supply shortage that has kept the Visayas grid under repeated red and yellow alerts will persist until the end of August and will push electricity rates higher again in September, with relief expected only by October, MORE Electric and Power Corporation said. The outlook means

PHP 802 million eyed for 2,021 new school guidance counselors
MANILA – The national government plans to spend PHP 802 million next year to hire a total of 2,021 new guidance counselors for public elementary and high schools in a bid to strengthen the mental health services of the Department of Education. House Minority Leader and 4Ps Party-list Rep. Marcelino “Nonoy” Libanan disclosed the planned
