Woman dies from electrocution

A woman was electrocuted to death while plugging this radio into an extension cord inside their house in Barangay Calumangan, Bago City, Negros Occidental Monday. (Photo courtesy of Bago City Police Station)

By Glazyl Y. Masculino

BACOLOD CIty – A mother died after she was electrocuted inside their house in Barangay Calumangan, Bago City, Negros Occidental last Monday.

Police identified the victim as Analie Martir, 42.

Police Staff Sergeant Armando Arao Jr., case investigator of Bago City Police Station, said the victim was holding the rechargeable radio while plugging it into the extension cord when she was electrocuted.

The victim’s two children aged 6 and 9 witnessed the incident and called their father who was outside their house at that time, Arao said.

The victim’s husband brought his wife outside their house and asked for assistance from the barangay. Martir, however, was declared dead on arrival at a hospital.

“Hayub-hayub abi ila balay, so basi wala mayo na kay-o ang kuryente,” Arao said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here