By Felipe V. Celino
ROXAS CITY, Capiz – An employee of the municipal government of Dumarao town died in a hospital after he was accidentally electrocuted Monday afternoon, March 6, in Poblacion Ilaya Dumarao, Capiz.
The Dumarao police identified the victim as Garry Martinez, 21, a casual employee of the Dumarao local government unit.
Investigation by Dumarao PNP indicated that the victim was fixing the street lights when he accidentally touched the open live wire of Capiz Electric Cooperative (CAPELCO) located beside the post.
The victim suffered fatal head injuries after he fell from the street light.
He was rushed to Sen. Gerry Roxas District Hospital in Dao, Capiz where he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.