By Jennifer P. Rendon
Eight policewomen and two civilian employees were honored during the kickoff ceremony for the 2022 National Women’s Month Celebration at the Police Regional Office (PRO)-6 in Camp Delgado, Iloilo City.
This year’s celebration adopted the theme “We make Change Work for Women” and its sub-theme “Agenda ng Kababaihan, Tungo sa Kaunlaran”.
National Intelligence Coordination Agency (NICA)-6 Regional Director Anna Liza Umpar was the guest of honor and speaker of the activity.
The awarding of Medalya ng Papuri to deserving police uniformed and non-uniformed personnel highlighted this year’s celebration.
The awardees include:
* Police Lieutenant Colonel Joem Malong – Bago City Police Station
* Police Major Shella Mae Sangrines – Iloilo City Police Station 1
* Police Major Rowena Hubero – Barotac Nuevo Municipal Police Station
* Police Lieutenant Merry Chris D Dela Cruz – Capiz Police Provincial Office
* Police Executive Master Sergeant Nina Pagunsan – Hamtic Municipal Police Station
* Police Senior Master Sergeant Kim P Vingno – Ilog Municipal Police Station
* Police Corporal Lady Lee C Berganio – 2nd Capiz Provincial Mobile Force Company
* Police Corporal Claire Collen Nicodemus – 2nd Aklan Provincial Mobile Force Company
* NUP Fritzie Gay Salazar – Malinao Municipal Police Station
* NUP Ma. Gindy Algarne – Regional Plans and Strategy Management Division.
Umpar lauded the initiative as she urged the PNP to “sustain this tradition of rewarding our female police officers beside their male counterparts for their invaluable contribution to law enforcement.”
“And most of all, let us put more stars on the shoulders of more women who deserve such,” she added.
During Monday’s celebration, an all-female battalion formation was composed as parading elements.
There was also a showcase of the different PNP uniforms worn by female personnel.
A presentation of PRO-6 Majorettes and band was also done to further highlight women’s role in the police service.