Teen dies of electrocution

By Jennifer P. Rendon


A teenage boy died after he allegedly got electrocuted afternoon of March 17 in Janiuay, Iloilo.

Joshua Santiago, 15, a resident of Barangay Canauili, Janiuay expired at the Federico Roman Tirador Sr. Memorial District Hospital.

The incident happened while the victim was allegedly working on a pigpen owned by Esteban Aldaba.

After his work, the victim took a bath and was then asked by Aldaba to check the electric deep well motor as the water stopped flowing.

When he failed to return after 30 minutes, Aldaba checked on the teenager.

Santiago was already slumped to the ground and was believed to have been electrocuted.

He was taken to the hospital but was declared dead at 4:30 p.m.

Police said the incident was only reported to them at 8 p.m. Wednesday.