Teen dies from electrocution

By Jennifer P. Rendon

The Passi City Police Station recorded another case of death due to electrocution on Wednesday, March 15.

John Marvin Carleti was already lifeless when found inside the store of his uncle at Barangay Salngan, Passi City, Iloilo around 6:30 a.m.

But police are not discounting the possibility that the 18-year-old victim, a resident of Sitio Agbagtuan, Barangay Tagubong, Passi City, may have been dead for hours before he was found.

Lieutenant Colonel Dennis Pamonag, Passi City police chief, said the victim was still rushed to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival.

According to reports, Carleti was drunk when he went to his uncle’s store which he used as his sleeping quarters.

It was theorized that he accidentally touched an open live wire and got electrocuted.

Four days ago, an internet technician also died of electrocution while repairing a service connection at Passi City.

Jessie Calibar, 46, of Barangag Mambiranan Pequeño, Passi City, did not survive after sustaining “internal injuries,” the police said.

He also suffered wounds on his hands.

Luckily, his two assistants, aged 15 and 16 years old, survived the incident after sustaining burns on their hands.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here