THE Philippines Statistics Authority will conduct 2019 Annual Poverty Indicators Survey (APIS) – a rider survey to the July round of Labor Force Survey.
The 2019 APIS is thirteenth (13th) in the series of poverty indicator surveys conducted nationwide since 1998.
In Western Visayas, around 37 Hired Statistical Researchers (SRs) will be involved in the enumeration for the said activity. The enumeration period will be on 08-31 July 2019 and around 2,900 sample households will be interviewed.
The survey gathers data on the socio-economic profile of families and other information that are related to their living conditions. Specifically, it generates indicators that are correlated with poverty.
The survey will use Computer Aided Personal Interview (CAPI) method to get information of the following data indicators:
- Demographic and socio-economic characteristics of the families
- Water supply, sanitation, hygiene (WaSH) indicators
- School Attendance of persons aged 3-24 years old
- Highest educational attainment of persons five (5) years old and over
- Access to social protection programs
- Access to government services
In line with this, the PSA is seeking for the support and cooperation of the general public, especially the sample households to be interviewed to participate in the said activity.