By Felipe V. Celino
ROXAS CITY, Capiz – The Station Commander of the Philippines Coast Guard (PCG)-Capiz warned the public against illegal entry into the province after 21 persons entered Barangay Punta Cogon here last Feb 7, 2021 sans documentation amid the pandemic.
Station Commander Jose B. Jacinto said persons who enter the province without any clearance and other COVID-related documents will be penalized.
Last week, FB Monica Ruth Motorbanca with 21 passengers docked at the coastal area of Brgy. Punta Cogon.
The 21 passengers were Jude Leomar Derder, Kim Espejo Visanos, Nova Mae Plaido, Anton Jhon Hisola, Jelica Belarmino, Jay Boy Dagilan, Jheramae Idon, William Jurial, Jessa Jurial, Vrayan Dereder, Garey Sta Juana, Michael Borbon, Jerome Pescante, Bryan Parativo, Raymond Malaque, Axel Ecleo, Benjie Jugadora, Jawi Son, Winieson Canoy, Jhomel Reyes and Jayson Aligato, all of Agusan Del Sur/Del Norte, Cebu, Davao, Dinagat Island, Surigao Del Sur and Zamboanga.
The four boat crewmembers were Diogenes Delantar, 51; Mark Anthony Sacayan, 30; Jay Delantar 19; and Rolie Sacayan, all from Balud, Masbate.
The passengers told local officials that they were heading to Carles, Iloilo but they docked in Roxas City because of the strong waves.
Jacinto said the said boat passengers have already returned home on Feb 9 after they were held at PCG-Roxas SAR Base in Brgy. Culasi for violation of Coast Guard regulations.
The boat passengers were bound for Iloilo to sell their houseware products.