Man who destroyed tomb in cemetery surrenders

By Glazyl Y. Masculino

BACOLOD City – Police are preparing malicious mischief charges against a man who allegedly destroyed a tomb in a public cemetery in Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental last month.

Police Lieutenant Dennis Melgarejo, deputy police chief of Kabankalan City Police Station, said the suspect, whose name was withheld upon the request of his family, surrendered last Monday, almost a month after the incident.

On Aug. 29, a caretaker of a cemetery discovered that a coffin and the corpse of a senior citizen were already outside the cemetery. The plastic and cloth that wrapped the corpse were scattered in the area.

The remains of the 67-year-old woman were buried in the cemetery on Aug. 28.

Police earlier said that no valuable items were stolen from the corpse.

Melgarejo said that the suspect committed the said offense out of “tripping.”

“Iya man lang trip kay daw nakainom daw siya,” Melgarejo said.

The suspect is now in police custody.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here