By: Emme Rose Santiagudo
Photos by: Al Destacamento
FIVE new queens were crowned in the Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Coronation Night on January 25, 2019.
Emerging on top was a morena beauty representing the municipality of Miag-ao, Iloilo, Maria Mikhaella Incensario, who won the Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Carnival Queen.
Incensario bested other candidates and finished the question-and-answer round by emphasizing her strong support to the local community.
I have lived in Iloilo almost my whole life, a place of rich culture and heritage. If I were to win Miss Iloilo Dinagyang 2019, I will promote its rich culture and heritage to tourists and entrepreneurs but also focusing on our locals. I will encourage households to support local community projects that benefit our women, children and also our men, Incensario answered when asked of how she could help vulnerable communities of women and children.
Incensario, a fourth year Chemical Engineering Student from University of the Philippines Visayas, will represent Iloilo in the Miss Millennial Philippines 2019 of the noontime show Eat Bulaga.
The other Dinagyang queens are Elaine Segura of Guimbal (Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Heritage), Sharon Idone of Arevalo (Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Tourism), Berylane Joy Barredo of Molo, Iloilo City (Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Environment) and Beatrice Nicole (Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Industry).
The first and second runners-up were Janeen Dale Geroso of Jaro North in Iloilo City and Maria Cielito Corazon Abendan of La Paz Central.
The winners of the special and minor awards are:
- Miss YSA Perfect Skin Sharon Idone
- Miss Talk N Text Trisha Jane Quiingking
- Miss Philippine Airlines Maria Mikhaella Incensario
- Miss SM Store Iloilo Elaine Segura
- Miss Tourism Culinary Sharon Idone
- Miss Photogenic Angelic Olmedo
- Miss Nice Day Coffee Elaine Segura
- Miss Glutamax Glowing Skin Trisha Jane Quiingking
- Princess of Camarederie Charlotte Mananquil
- Best in Passeo de Iloilo Costume Maria Mikhaella Incensario
- Best in Swimwear Sharon Idone
- Miss Magnolia Elaine Segura
- Miss SKY Sharon Idone
- Best in Long Gown Elaine Segura
- Miss PLDT Elaine Segura
The pageant, which ended at around 1 a.m., happened at Casa de Emperador of Megaworlds Iloilo Business Park. Celebrities Isabelle Daza, Ryan Agoncillo, and Pia Guanio hosted the program.
Renowned Ilonggo fashion guru PJ Arañador led the holding of the prestigious pageant as Miss Iloilo Dinagyang committee chair.