ROXAS CITY, Capiz – Two houses in Barangay Centro, Dao, Capiz were gutted down by fire Monday afternoon.
The houses were owned by Euteque Delos Santos, 87, and his son Pedro Delos Santos.
Initial investigation conducted by the Bureau of Fire Protection indicated that an unattended stove may have caused the blaze.
The fire easily spread and totally burned the two houses made of mixed materials.
The Delos Santos family cooked food before leaving the house to attend to the baccalaureate mass of their son Pedro.