Fire guts house in Pontevedra

By: Jomarie A. Billones

ROXAS CITY Capiz – A house was gutted by a fire morning of Aug 13, 2019 at Brgy. Malag-it in Pontevedra Capiz.

Fortunately, no one was injured when the house of Amelita Dolor Balasa, 60, was reduced to ashes.

Balasa said no one was home when the fire erupted as her two grandchildren were in school here and she was selling snacks.

Balasa said she unplugged their appliances and turned off the lights before leaving.

Fire Officer 1 Jonel Daniel, arson investigator of Pontevedra Municipal Fire Station, said the fire gobbled P30,000 worth of properties.

Daniel said the fire may have originated from defective electrical wiring.