By: Felipe Celino
ROXAS CITY, Capiz – A 48-year-old bachelor farmer died in a fire that gobbled his house Thursday evening at Sitio Kabangahan Daku, Brgy. Gibato in Dumarao, Capiz.
Police identified the victim as John Mark Malones who was living alone in his house made of light materials.
Investigation by Dumarao police indicated that the drunken victim went home that night and smoked a cigarette while on his bed.
It is believed that the fire erupted from the un-extinguished cigarette butt.
Arson investigator initially placed the total damage at P30,000.