Elderly man dies from electrocution

By Glazyl Y. Masculino

BACOLOD City – A senior citizen suffered a tragic end after he was electrocuted at home in Barangay Balaring, Silay City, Negros Occidental last Monday.

Police identified the victim as Ernie Buyer, 62.

Investigation indicated that Buyer was opening their refrigerator when the wooden stand on which the appliance stood on buckled.

The refrigerator fell and pinned the victim. Water placed inside the chest spilled out, leading to the victim’s electrocution.

Buyer’s neighbor heard the noise and went inside the house where he saw the victim lying on the ground.

He immediately grabbed the victim but withdrew after feeling the electric shock.

The neighbor unplugged the refrigerator then took the victim to Teresita Lopez Jalandoni Provincial Hospital in the city where he was declared dead.