By Jennifer P. Rendon
Thirty-two persons were arrested in a police anti-narcotics operation late evening of January 25 at Barangay Bakhaw, Mandurriao, a village that was once called as Iloilo City’s drug haven.
Police initially collared Alony Leonor, 47, and Elmer Leonor, 37, both residents of Zone 2, Bakhaw village; and Jeric Jimena, 30, also of Bakhaw.
The three suspects are considered as high-value individuals (HVIs) with Jimena on the Top 6 of the Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU) 6’s target list.
Members of RPDEU-6 and Iloilo City Police Station 5 arrested the Leonor brothers after they allegedly conspired to sell a sachet of suspected shabu for P20,000 to a police poseur buyer.
Jimena served as the duo’s lookout.
It didn’t take long for police operatives to notice that around 7 to 9 persons were seen in a “pot session” while others were waiting outside the suspected drug den to allegedly buy shabu.
Those arrested for visiting drug den were identified as:
* Jannah Mae Deocampo, 20, of Barabgay North Baluarte, Molo, Iloilo City;
* Shan Jamir Macawiwili, 31, of Barabgay Monica, City Proper, Iloilo City;
* Rey June Supremo, 34, of Barangay Rizal Ibarra, City Proper;
* Richard Jeruta, 23, of Barangay Mc Arthur La Paz, Iloilo City;
* Ariel Valeriano, 22, of Barangay Bagaygay Sara, Iloilo;
* Dexter John Argamaso, 23, of Barangay Rizal, La Paz;
* John Mark Pedregosa, 32, of Barangay Rizal Pala-Pala, City Proper;
* Jude Mark Gamala, 24, of Barangay Alalasan, Lapuz, Iloilo City;
* Robert John Yanson, 25, of Barangay Villa Anita, City Proper;
* Daniel Saranatin, 40, of Zone 6, Boulevard, Molo;
* Wilmon Santeria, 29, of Barangay Rizal Pala-Pala, City Proper;
* Anarie Concha, 38, of Barangay Veterans Village, City Proper;
* Nikko Gayonoche, 19, of Barangay Lag-an, Cabatuan, Iloilo;
* Bryan Robles, 32, of Brgy. Tupol, Cabatuan;
* Lester Dabi, 24, of Barangay Bakhaw Mandurriao;
* Lawrence Soliva, 27, of Barangay Bolilao Mandurriao;
* Renato Sedurifa, 55, of San Juan, Molo;
* Angel Himar, 25, of Barangay Quintin Salas Jaro;
* Sandro Sacare, 37, of Barangay Veterans Village, City Proper;
* Richard Noñal, 26, of Barangay Manue, Oton, Iloilo;
* Paolo Catalan, 28, of Barangay Veterans Village, City Proper;
* Johnny Factoran, 49, of Barangay San Antonio, Barotac Viejo, Iloilo;
* Juvet Balsomo, 24, of Barangay Monica, City Proper;
* Devin Dan Tapia, 28, of Barangay San Fernando, Barotac Viejo;
* Dustin Nicolai Ganzon, 35, of Deca 3 Homes, Barangay Balabag, Sta. Barbara, Iloilo;
* Charmaine Francisco, 41, of Barangay Tanza Bonifacio, City Proper;
* Mild Enriquez, 34, of Barangay Veterans Village, City Proper;
* Edmundo Gabinete, 45, of Zone 1A, Boulevard, Molo; and
* Manuel Jones Señolay, 31, of Zone 5, Boulevard, Molo.
Police believe that several others escaped by jumping out of the window
Anti-drug operatives had to call for reinforcement to cordon the area and transport the suspects to Mandurriao Police Station.
Recovered from the suspects were the marked money, 19 sachets of suspected shabu, an improvised glass tooter, another improvised glass tooter with suspected shabu residue, an ice cream container filled with various drug paraphernalia, a digital weighing scale, P580 cash; and several non-drug items.
Captain Glenn Soliman, RPDEU-6 team leader, said that the seized drugs weighed around 135 grams and has a standard drug price of P918,000.
The Leonor brothers and Jimena will be charged for violation of Sections 7, 11 and 15 Article II of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
The 29 other suspects would be charged for visiting a drug den.
Meanwhile, Brigadier General Leo Francisco, Western Visayas police chief, lauded the operatives for the accomplishment.
The region’s top cop said that it took weeks for operatives to penetrate the area since it is inhabited by illegal settlers.
“There will be no letup in our crusade against illegal drugs. We will further intensify and target high-value drug personalities in Western Visayas,” he said.